The Western Sugar Cooperative strives to be the recognized leader in the Beet Sugar Industry. We value Safety, Quality, and Environmental Responsibility as being key elements of our success.
- We will have no higher priority than safety. Safety considerations are inseparable from all other aspects of our business. Our goal is to have no injuries.
- All accidents can be prevented. Accident prevention is the responsibility of all employees. Every employee at Western Sugar Cooperative is responsible and accountable for his or her safe work practices.
- Every employee and facility will strive to continuously improve safety performance.
- Employees will receive training in safe work practices and regulatory requirements.
- The Western Sugar Cooperative will communicate the safety message throughout all levels of our business. General business meetings shall include a safety component.
- The Western Sugar Cooperative will operate in recognition of our responsibilities toward the environment. We are committed to comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations to protect the environment in which we live and work.
- The Western Sugar Cooperative will integrate environmental concerns into our normal operation, training and management procedures. We will encourage a culture of environmental awareness through training and communication.
- We will respond to all genuine reports of non-compliance without retribution to the reporting individual.
- Each of us shares the responsibility to conduct our business in keeping with this policy. Every employee will learn the requirements of the laws as they apply to his or her duties and work in accordance with sound environmental practices.
- The Western Sugar Cooperative will provide a quality product that meets our customers' established specifications and expectations.
- Every Western Sugar Cooperative facility will have a quality management system in which to manage our process and final product based on "Food Safety," "Food Security," and "Good Manufacturing Practices."
- Training will be provided that will enable our employees to carry out their activities in accordance with the quality management system.
- Western Sugar Cooperative employees are responsible and accountable to provide a quality product for their customers.
- Each Western Sugar Cooperative facility will promptly investigate customer complaints and, where appropriate, initiate corrective action to prevent recurrence.